[Marxistindia] Recall ND Tiwari -- Brinda Karat

news from the cpi(m) marxistindia at cpim.org
Sat Dec 26 16:09:31 IST 2009

                                                       December 26, 2009

Press Release

Following is the text of the letter written today by Brinda Karat,
Member of the Polit Bureau and CPI(M) Rajya Sabha MP to the President
seeking the recall of the Andhra Pradesh Governor, Shri N D Tiwari.

                                     For CPI(M) Central Committee Office

                           Text of the Letter

Honourable Madam President,

It is with a sense of regret that I have to draw your attention to the
reports regarding the alleged misconduct of the Governor of Andhra
Pradesh Shri N.D.Tewari which have shocked the nation. You may be aware
of the graphic images flashed on an Andhra Pradesh TV channel of the
Governor. While the methods used to get the said information may be
questionable and even objectionable, the reports make it untenable for
him to continue in such a high constitutional post.

In the absence of his resignation, I would request you to recall him.
This is a demand which has been raised by many political parties as well
as women’s organizations in Andhra Pradesh including the All India
Democratic Women’s Association. I am sure that with your extreme
sensitivity to gender issues, you will appreciate the sentiments and
logic behind the request.

                                                        Yours sincerely,

                                                                    sd/-

                                                          (Brinda Karat)